Sunday, September 29, 2019

black/white quilt, shams


Michael left at 7:30 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (9/28) and I continued to try to complete something….anything….on my list!!!  

I was in the studio before 9 AM and kicked off quilting once again on the black/white quilt.  I finally found a beautiful heart pattern that I love….I’m just sorry you can’t even see it on the quilt!  I couldn’t really work on anything else while the quilting was going on as the quilt needed a lot of babysitting, but by 11 AM it was done!!!  

I paused for an egg/cheese/toast for my brunch, and then continued to weave in all of the bobbin ends (I had several thread breaks for no apparent reason, so had additional ends besides the 6 bobbins), ripped out my basting stitches (REALLY hard to see on this quilt) and trimmed the quilt:  


Michael came home at 2 PM…low man with a score of 86….very happy!!!  

I continued with my quilting theme and loaded up 2 pillow shams for my next customer quilt:  


What a difference….from the very modern black & white quilt, to the very old fashioned pillow shams with an old fashioned (at least to me) pattern as well, that I think looks fabulous on the shams:  


I got a tiny bit more done on the leading quilt: 



and also managed to finish up a few more 4 patches on my leaders and enders project:  


I finished up quilting on both shams 



and got them off of the frame and cleaned up before joining my honey around 7:30 PM.

OK…..a tiny bit more red on the list:

-borders for my quilt with brown leading    DONE!

-binding for first leaded quilt (8 strips)      DONE!

-second leaded quilt currently on design wall

-borders for second leaded quilt

-binding for second leaded quilt (8 strips)   DONE!

-QoV fpf started at retreat, all blocks done

-borders for QoV fpf

-binding for QoV fpf

-snowball quilt

-borders for snowball quilt

-binding for snowball quilt

-beds for animal shelter

-binding and label for purple quilt

-keep up with any customer quilts that come in   ongoing….currently two down and one to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.