Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Baking with Inez 2019 Tour Day 6


Michael left early for golf on Monday (9/24) and Inez and I were sitting at the kitchen table talking when I asked her what she wanted for breakfast.  Then, before she could answer I said “let me tell you what I’m having as it may influence you.  I’m having tiramisu for breakfast"…so she had the same  :~):  


I'm glad we decided to add a bit of orange oil to the mascarphone mix....it made it extra yummy!!

We took a quick trip to the library (to drop off and pick up stuff) and the grocery store before we both spent a little time researching what to do about the lemon curd and she took on the fixing of it, while I made mini sugar cookie cups:  



I got some time after that to do a bit of quilting on my customer quilt:  


I wish you could actually see the pattern….it is a really pretty pattern of hearts.  

While we were all down in the studio, of course Inez had her faithful companion: 


and Ethel decided on a dardevil leap to the top of my quilting bookshelf:  


Anne stopped by after the SCCL board meeting to try out a few new things:  

a caramel/chocolate tart, a lemon tart and a truffle



and after that we fixed up a pretty tray: 



and ran it up to the people at the library.  

Michael came home from golf…thrilled with his score of 80 before all of us got cleaned up and Inez and I left for Martini Night:  

Bonnie & Pat

Donnis & Ellie

Andi & Barb

our hostess - Alice

me & Inez

it was a yummy Mexican themed night



It was a wonderful evening with lots and lots and laughs while we were playing TABOO, and we all went to bed when we got home around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.