Tuesday, September 17, 2019

2 studio tours


I had a very full day on Monday (9/16).  

Michael left at 8:30 for golf at Fort Mill, while I was up getting my blog out and emails done before settling in on the phone with Paula, trying to score a GREENWAY reservation.  I managed to get one….but Paula got shut out….so she will be going with me!!  

After that I packed up a few things and headed out to the Volunteer meeting at the Lake House.  A woman was there from MOOKIE’s PLACE and I wanted to talk to her about donating some kid’s quilts there.  She seemed VERY receptive, so I’m crossing my fingers that she gives me a call in the near future,  I’ve already had several instances where someone was wildly enthusiastic….then I never heard from them again  :~(.  I ran a few errands with Paula after the meeting, then came home to cram some food in my mouth before heading back to the Lake House for our Machine Embroidery meeting.  

We toured 2 members sewing/quilting studios…..it was wonderful:  

This is one of Cathy W's sewing rooms....she has several in the basement of her home.



multiple embroidery machines means lots of thread


a second room


then we moved onto Rob & Betty F's....he's also a longarmmer

a beautiful workstation that Rob built

that's Rob and Cathy



a paint chip challenge quilt



When I came home even though it was close to dinnertime, I took a long nap.  I didn’t sleep well Sunday night as my right hip was aching all night long (despite taking an ALEVE as I went to bed).  When I got up, we had leftover ribs for a late dinner and then settled in to watch TV.  Not much sewing done today!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I don't know if this is one word or 3, but Wowie-wow-wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS his long arm LONGER than yours?

    Me....Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.