Monday, September 16, 2019

purple quilting begins, new design wall


We got kind of a late start Sunday morning (9/15) after being up so late Saturday night, but finally around 11 AM I was ready to get started in my studio.  After conferring with Michael on the pattern I was thinking of doing on my quilt….I wound bobbins, and set it up and off:  



I took a pause when he got back from the grocery store to throw some ribs in the crockpot, but happily spent the rest of the day quilting away and working on my design wall:  





Speaking of design walls, I have an update on a new one at the end of this post  :~).  

I made a lot of progress by our late dinnertime, and was finally ready to quit by 9 PM and watch a bit of TV before bed.  I've gotta get this quilt done and off of the design wall so that I can lay out 2 other quilts that have all of the blocks completed.  But I also have customer quilts I need to knock out...I need more hours in the day!!!


J&D in NC

Janice and Dennis spent a bit of time over the weekend getting her design wall up in her sewing studio.  

(Janice speaking here):  Tried to get step by step pics.  I used 2 flannel backed tablecloths 52x90 ins that I found on clearance for like $2.50 each. And we secured the top with an  8 ft. piece of wall trim from Lowe's.  Still need to tack down the sides or bottom in a few places because it does wiggle around a bit, but it works!! Happy camper!!  






Now she can fully lay out her Carolina scrap quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.