Friday, September 20, 2019

Baking with Inez - 2019 Tour Day 2, SHQ Show & Tell


Michael was up before 7 AM on Thursday (9/17) for the second day of his tournament, while I hopped up to get oatmeal bread started.  When Inez came upstairs I put our apricot/cream cheese scones in the oven for our breakfast…

I took one to Paula at qulting...it was nice to reciprocate after all of the homemade scones she has shared with me!!

they were yummy!!!  The bread baked after that: 


and we made up a tray of the mints: 

here they are after drying overnight in the oven

aren't they beautiful???

to take to quilting.  We saw WONDERFUL and prolific show and tell (I got very irritated with my phone at one point...I tried to zoom in to get a close up....and sometimes when I do that...I press and press the button, but it won't take the pic!!!):  


the quilting had horseshoes as part of it




stunning!!!


why is she making me wear this stupid Christmas sweater?!?!


2 quick baby quilts Paula just whipped out!







I LOVE this!!!








before heading back home.  

The cleaning people were here, so we hid out in the studio and I got the purple quilt off of the frame and almost all cleaned up.  

Finally at 3:30 we started our baking production for the day.  Inez got our chocolate torte frosted with ganache: 



and we discovered we had a bunch of ganache leftover.  Last year she brought these FABULOUS Scottish Shortbread Cookies with ganache centers….so even though we already have plenty of recipes to do, we decided to make up those:  



She also made a crust for a lemon tart, and I made lemon curd (only somewhat successfully.  Even though I ended up cooking it twice (the first time heating while stirring constantly for OVER AN HOUR!!!), it didn’t set up as firmly as it should have). 



Once again clean up was not complete until 8:30 PM.  (I'm gettin' too old for this crud....I don't know how Inez just keeps going and going and going!!!  Guess that's why the 'tour' is named after her  :~).

We had a visitor in the late afternoon:  

Anne was literally moaning over the lemon mints
and at 8:30 Paula popped down for a tiny nosh:



as she is leaving for Georgia Friday morning.  The rest of the evening we spent out on the lanair, having a drink and resting and relaxing!!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific show and tell of cooking and quilting ! Great fun...
    I'm trying to reach through the screen to 'sample', but it's not working yet...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.