Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Fiber Nutz Weaving Group


Michael headed out Tuesday morning (9/17) for breakfast with his buds, while I headed to WALMART to pick up many groceries for the BAKING WITH INEZ – 2019 tour that begins Wednesday!!!!!  

When I got home, I put together some food for my weaving group:

I started with some ham & cheese

added some crackers, pickles & cherry tomatoes

grapes are always welcome

and a little something sweet....remember these from Saturday?



who arrived at 1 PM.  

We had a wonderful time together: 

Marilyn & Laura

Kathy

Melanie

Connie


Pam & Rosalie

Show & Tell included this quilt from the 1830's (which my friend Susie popped over to see!)

a felted piece of art...very unusual to me

Kathy's woven purse

Rosalie's woven towels


and a woven pine straw basket from Pam
and a very curious visitor:





she kept climbing into Pam's basket!!

When they left at 4:30, I read my book for a bit and had dinner with Michael before he left for the movies.  I spent the evening in my studio…I finished quilting the purple quilt and also got another block done on my leading quilt:




*** MMR – Michael’s Movie Reviews ***

ANGEL HAS FALLEN:Javier Bardeen for the third time plays a secret 
service agent tasked with protecting our president (Morgan Freeman). But many bad guys want him dead . An attempt is made and the pres is rendered comatose and Bardeen is framed for the assassination attempt. Of course the rest of the movie is him trying to figure out who set him up and why. It is gloriously convoluted and fun to guess what is going on. A high body count adds to the enjoyment ! Another good popcorn movie!  I give it 3 and 1/2 fat quarters out of 5.

J&D in NC

Janice has been completing the totally necessary, but completely boring task of sewing all of her small scrap blocks into rows, but has kept her interest going with some 'leaders & enders' (creating her newest scrap blocks):



1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.