Thursday, September 12, 2019

tutorial on chicken sausage, new block from Janice


I kept getting interrupted with one thing and another Wednesday morning (9/11), so didn’t get back to loading until around 11 AM.  That’s when I ran into problems.  No matter what size backing and top my clients tell me, I always re-measure everything.  I should have done both pieces before loading anything, but I didn’t and as a result I ended up unpinning the backing and calling my customer.  Her backing was only 1/2 an inch bigger than her top….in other words…WAY too small!  So, that all had to come off of the frame.  By then I just had time to cram some food into my mouth before we took off for an appointment with Michael’s new heart doc.  We got back from the heart doc around 4 PM.  We already like this office much better than the last one.  He has Michael on a heart monitor for 30 days, indicated that on Michael’s last stress test there was something not quite kosher there (we never heard about that from the old office) and has put in motion a heart cath to see if that gives the doctor a better picture of what is going on.  I ran up to CVS to get my second shingles shot, and when I got home took in yet ANOTHER customer quilt before starting dinner.  I got a text from June while at the doctor’s office….she hadn’t done one single thing except read the book!!  Don't forget, it's THE DREAM DAUGHTER by Diane Chamberlain.  

Even though you’ve seen it a couple of times…here’s another tutorial on a throw together dinner:  

heat some olive oil and throw in diced onions and yellow squash (16 years together and I only find out yesterday that my honey likes yellow squash better than zucchini!!)

after you've got some good color on everything...


throw in some muchrooms and saute them

add fresh chopped tomatoes, or a can of diced if you don't have fresh

some herbs

add in the chicken sausage and stir it all around before adding in the already cooked linguini

voila....a few cubes of cheddar on top and 1/2 a butter bun left over from retreat!

 After dinner we headed to the studio and watched the first 1/2 of RED 2 while I got a backing for one of my own quilts loaded up.  By then it was 8:30 and we headed upstairs to finish off the movie before heading to bed.



(Janice speaking here....)
I moved my cutting board and sewing machine to the dining table and commenced cutting and sewing. Happiness restored! I have finished all 312 blocks for Carolina Chain, but did not feel like trying to lay it out, so... I cut and sewed a new block from the Bonnie Hunter book called Moth in the Window. Still using up leftovers, but this block needs a bigger chunk of the same color so I started cutting some bigger pieces of Ginny's fabric. It was fun doing a new block, and I think it might be fun to have a couple of charity projects going on, and I can pick which block I am in the mood for. 


This one is 8.5 inches square, so I need a lot fewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.