Thursday, December 13, 2018

spice cookies, Lucy & Ethel, golfing dinner


I only had time to get my blog out Wednesday morning (12/12) before SKYPE-ing with Janice at 9 AM.  We talked until 10:30 and then it was back to the kitchen for me.  I didn’t remember until Michael and I were going to bed Tuesday night that I had promised 5 dozen cookies to a prison ministry.  There were restrictions on the kind of cookies you could make, and what was in them as well as no frosting, so I thought my molasses spice cookies would fill the bill nicely:  


I got those made and bagged up before heading down to my studio around 2 PM.  It took me awhile to get caught up on my emails, and 2 of my furry babies were watching me the whole time: 



I had a bit of time after that to find 2 fabrics for borders for my last retreat quilt: 


and I got the borders made, but not attached.  At 5 PM Michael and I got cleaned up and I managed to put together a big bowl of egg salad before heading over to pick up Gale and Phil for dinner at Redrocks  with other golfing buddies and their wives:  

Michael & Phil

Gale & me

Deanna & Candyce

Ralph & Jerry
Our food was wonderful 

we started with shrimp cocktail

and I was glad it wasn’t too late of an evening so that I could put together my egg salad sliders when I got home:  


These will be for our quilting Christmas party.

And what a surprise….as lies catch up with him, he changes his story: https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/12/13/trumps-payment-explanations-shift-as-legal-exposure-grows/23616922/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.