Friday, December 21, 2018

SHQ Show & Tell


It was a rainy, but balmy day when we got up on Thursday morning (12/20).  I got my blog out and got some laundry going before heading out to quilting.  I just took my knitting as I am trying to race through this sweater for AJ…..as usual my knitting goes pretty slowly, but I’m trying to spend a lot of time on it (or as much as my arthritic hands can take) so we will see if it is done before Christmas.  

Many people brought handwork of some kind to quilting (instead of their normal machines) and it was delightful to sit around and chat and work.  As always show and tell was beautiful:
Marge is on the board with one of those skinny snowmen


this batik quilt was so beautiful

as was the backing fabric

June's undersea wall hanging

the trapunto sharks & turtles looked like they were leaping off the quilt


a truly gorgeous double wedding ring from Sandra



I got home around 2 PM and spent the afternoon in the living room, reading and dozing!  Michael and I had leftovers for dinner and while we were watching TV in the evening, I was knitting away.  The sweater part is all done!!!  And all of the ends have been woven in, I just need to complete the hood….YAY!!  Thank goodness for bulky yarn and small kids!

I have to brag on my friend….BG!!!  You may not know that in addition to a fulltime job, and a quilt ministry to the less fortunate, she also started a soap making business about a year ago.  She is now in many, many stores and this is her latest display in Avon:


Isn't it awesome?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.