Thursday, December 6, 2018

@ QoV tops done, bird watching


My honey left for golf here at SCCL on Wednesday morning (12/5) and I headed to my studio.  The plan today was to work on the second border for the quilts of valor…and by dinnertime I had both done:  

I know the inner border looks white, but it's really a cream
These will go on the to-be-quilted pile, and will stay there until I can buy 108’’ wide blue backing at FOUST, hopefully in February.  I’m probably not going to be putting fleece on the back of my QoV’s anymore as I want to make them slightly larger….and I don’t plan on piecing fleece for backings.  

Michael came home from golf around 2 PM and we both spent a lot of time downstairs, as did all of our furry babies.  Lucy & Ethel spent a good bit of time like this:  




Michael moved the bird feeder from the trees at our property line over to our deck.  It took a few days, but the birds have finally discovered it…and Lucy & Ethel have discovered the birds!  They spent about 45 minutes riveted to the window  :~), but eventually they pooped out:  



We had Mexican Chicken Soup and cornbread that I got out of the freezer for dinner, and I spent a bit of time after dinner figuring out how I was going to put borders on another retreat quilt:  



before heading upstairs to finish beading another rainbow necklace….I’ve gotta order more beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.