Sunday, December 16, 2018

brunch, deer, QoV top totally finished, new FPF started


I got up Saturday morning (12/15), got my blog out and read my emails and was sewing my quilt top together by 9 AM.  I did stop at 11 AM to make breakfast/lunch…a grilled cheese/mustard/pickle relish on rye sandwich ….yum: 


and then started sewing again.  

Michael spent the afternoon in the studio with me, watching THE CLOSER and working on his computer, and we had a visit from some wildlife in the backyard in the late afternoon:  





And Lucy & Ethel were with us as well, but this is what the kitty basket usually looks like:  



In other words, only room for one!  

Other than a quick visit with Anne, I kept on sewing and by dinnertime….voila: 

I know the white looks VERY bright, but it will be fine once it's quilted over

One down (of the extra quilts I cut for retreat) and 2 to go.  

I was talking to Anne about it while she was here….I really want to finish the other 2 quilt tops before the end of the year….then give my studio a good cleaning and start the year fresh.  We’ll see…I only have a little over 2 weeks and cleaning up and putting things away in my studio is going to take a lot of doing  :~).  

We had popcorn for dinner and I continued to sew for just a bit.  Now, I have to confess that I am TOTALLY doing the BG/MJ method on the second quilt  :~).  The anal Debbie method would have been to complete all 96 4-patch blocks:  


before doing anything else.  But, it’s been so long since I cut my fabric and I didn’t even remember what it would look like together…and I was dying to see it….so I started to sew the 4-patches I had already completed onto the colored rectangles, and laying them out and voila (I love it...big surprise!): 



I headed upstairs around 8 PM and finished loading the last string of beads for my newest necklace.  I braided for a bit, just enough to be sure the pattern was working before snuggling in to watch TV with my honey.  After the first of the year I really need to buy the tools I need to finish off these necklaces so that I can get some pictures of completed ones  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.