Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Cooking Fingers Christmas Tea, Martini Night


It snowed lightly for about an hour Monday morning (12/10) but not enough for any accumulation.  I just had time to shower, get my blog out and start a label (I was hoping to have it done to take it with me, but it took over an hour to stitch out!) for Paula before Anne picked me up for the Cooking Fingers Christmas Tea.  All of the 19 tables looked so festive:  











and the food was wonderful:  

the savory tables





this was from one of my bread students....she made the rolls as well as filling them!







and then we had the desserts:








There were almost 200 people there and Paula organizes it all!!  Because we have some people who apparently were never taught any manners growing up, Paula gives us a number of items we are allowed to have...yesterday we picked 7 savories and 3 sweets.  It is so much fun to watch everyone counting the items on their plates as they go down the line.  Once all of the tables have been served, anyone may go back and get extras, but I'll tell you...I was STUFFED!!  And Anne remarked the fact that even with so many people bringing food, there were hardly any duplicates.

I was home just before 1 PM and helped my honey to unpack the car of groceries before heading downstairs to finish Paula’s label:  

I got a bit of quilting done on the newest quilt: 


before heading out to Joyce’s 


for martini night.  We were a small group: 

Bonnie, Barb, Ellie, Joyce, Jane, Andi

but loved Joyce’s appetizers: 


as well as her dinner of salad and chicken & broccoli stuffed crepes.  We retired to her TV room to watch LOVE ACTUALLY (one of my ‘favoritest’ movies!!) and I got a bit of braiding done.  I was home by 11 PM and Michael and I read for an hour before bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.