Sunday, December 30, 2018

breakfast, holiday vests, Christmas dinner


Although it was a gloomy, overcast day on Saturday (12/29) it wasn’t raining, so after a delicious omelet, a Wolferman's English muffin and some leftover bacon:


Michael left for golf at SCCL while I headed downstairs.  I still hadn’t pulled together our yearly missive, so that was my task and it took ALL MORNING (as I knew it would.  It generally takes me 3 – 4 hours to read through my blog entries from the beginning of the year and pull together a short sentence or 2 with the highlights of each month.  I really do enjoy re-reading about our life together…I just really needed the time to continue my studio cleaning!!!)  

After that I tackled this huge box that has been in the corner of Michael’s pool playing area for about 6 months:  


It was full of completed craft stuff that used to be listed on Amazon….yes, THAT Amazon….the internet superstore.  I did sell about $300 worth of stuff, but the woman who was maintaining it for us has decided to take a break, so I got back everything that was left.  Luckily it all fit on my newly cleaned closet shelves, and that box is gone.  

Next up was tackling the small closet….years and years and years ago, when BG and I were doing craft fairs together, we made a series of holiday vests.  We sold a good many of them, but then we stopped doing the fairs and still had a group left (if you think I’m productive, it’s nothing compared to what BG and I can accomplish together when working on a task  :~).  




I contacted one of the teachers I know at the local elementary school to see if the teachers want the vests, and am still waiting on a reply.  

Once Michael was home, he read over the year end missive…made a few corrections, then I picked up Paula and we headed off to the UPS store to get copies made.    When I got back Michael and I both headed downstairs where he read his emails and I got a bit of sewing done before heading back upstairs to make our official Christmas dinner :~).  

We haven’t had time or have had other food that had to eaten, so this was the night we finally made our ham, corn and potatoes with sour cream, bacon & cheese:  


Everything was scrumptious and we relaxed, watched TV and started to string up another necklace for the rest of the evening.  After the 1st of the year when things hopefully settle down a bit, I hope to really learn how to put the finishing touches on all of the necklaces I have braided so far….but here’s a picture of the only one that has been totally completed:


And my friend BG has been helping another friend of hers to turn her hubby's ties into pillows.  I thought you might enjoy seeing that effort:



1 comment:

  1. Feeling positively amateur looking at all the beautiful stuff you and BG have made.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.