Saturday, December 22, 2018

ice box cake, Jim & Ann Mary


It was another dreary and very windy day on Friday (12/20) when I was up and out very early to visit with Linda and get my clogged ear all cleaned up!  She was wonderful and it will be a blessing not to feel like I have water or pressure in my ear all of the time!  

I made a quick stop at the grocery store and was home by 9:30.  When I got home my honey was in the living room having oatmeal for breakfast, while Cookie was enjoying the fire:  


I had to get my blog out, and get out my last set of weekly minutes (after 9 YEARS!!!) as secretary of Scrap Happy Quilters, before heading to the kitchen.  

First up was making biscuits (I never did get a picture of them).  I’ve had this recipe FOREVER (a new recipe Mary Jo) and am finally making them.  They need to freeze before tonight’s dinner because you bake them directly from the freezer.  For a long time I've wanted to have some kind of bread in the freezer that I can bake at a moment's notice and I finally made them.  Michael left after that for a haircut along with stops at Harris Teeter (dropping off Christmas goodies to Martha, everyone’s favorite cashier), Karen S’s for Xerox boxes, CVS (to spend coupons), and Comporium.  

I started on an ice box cake after the biscuits, since it has to thoroughly chill before tonight.  I made the chocolate pudding:  


then layered it with graham crackers 


and popped it in the fridge.  Michael was home by then and we both headed downstairs.  

I worked on my quilt: 


while he ran his emails as we both watched:   


Yes, it’s THE CLOSER….but that’s not why the picture is here…..look at the picture again….far left….see that lamp (which is in the lawyer’s office, who charges $500 an hour)….we have that EXACT SAME LAMP….what a hoot!  The kitties were with us as well, squished back into their tiny bed:




We finished up watching around 4 PM and I headed upstairs to get a jump on dinner.  I got my soup prepped 


while Anne was there for a short visit to find out how my ear appointment went….and after she left I started to cook my Elephant Chicken Soup:


Jim & Ann Mary showed up at 6 PM 


with sausage bread (so very yummy, Jim makes it every Christmas!) and we eventually sat down to our soup and biscuits.  They loved the soup so much that Ann Mary asked for the recipe :~).  We played Mexican Train for several hours before stopping for the ice box cake (and a little Cookie time).  


It was a lovely and relaxing evening.



I’m very, very confused by this rhetoric….I am sure I remember Trump saying during his campaigning that he would build a border wall, and I am positive that he said he would GET MEXICO TO PAY FOR IT!!!  Why then is he threatening a government shut-down…and proud of the fact that it will be a long one….if he doesn’t get US money for a wall???  And we’re talking 5.7 BILLION dollars….yes…that’s BILLION with a “B” dollars of your money.  https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/12/21/trump-says-a-shutdown-would-last-for-a-very-long-time/23624535/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.