Sunday, December 23, 2018

popcorn & pears


Michael left for golf on Saturday (12/22) while I headed downstairs to finally get back to quilting on MISS SCARLETT!  I have 14 rows to do on the first Prayer’s and Squares quilt, so my long arm was going from 11 AM – 3 PM, and now I’m over 1/2 way done.  

While that was happening, I was working on the borders for the latest FPF (four patch frenzy) quilt, after I got all of the columns stitched together.  I got the first border put together: 

it's the white hanging down

and also got a few blocks done on the last quilt cutout for retreat by using them as leaders and enders:  



I headed upstairs at 3 PM to set my hair and put together another pan of ham/cheese/poppy seed sliders.  Michael and I left after 6 PM to head over to Jorie & John’s for their annual Christmas party.  There were TONS of people there and TONS of food, but my sliders were gone in a flash :~).  We had a good time eating and talking with all of their neighbors and friends before finally heading home…it was a lovely day.

We're gotten 2 Christmas presents in the mail.....a great popcorn sampler from Anne (Michael has already eaten 2 bags):


and a box of luscious pears from Sue & Charlie:



Isn't it fun to get surprise packages???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.