Thursday, November 7, 2013

soap making, Cookie & Elsie a duex, challah


Michael left for golf on Wednesday (11/6) and I got bread dough put together before my 9 AM talk with Janice.  I think we talked at warp speed to get everything in, ion 45 minutes!  After that I had a long talk with a venue where I might be displaying/selling some of my crafts.  I got all of my questions answered and Michael and I might take a ride to look at the place later this week or next.  By then it was after 1 and Michael was home (with an 87) and able to take some ‘action shots’ of me making eucalyptus soap:

checking the temperature of my lye mixture

adding in the olive oil (note convenient whiskey containers!

adding in castor oil


I ran downstairs at one point to start to pack up my stuff for quilting on Thursday and saw this:

hey!  I was already here.

Oh well, I guess you don't take up THAT much room.

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We both had leftovers for dinner and by then the bread dough had risen and was ready for baking:

brushing with egg wash

a little sprinkle of poppy seeds

viola!
I made 2 loaves, one as a gift for Evelyn (woman who had her Bat Mitzvah last Saturday) and the other as a thank you for Linda at Thursday quilting.  I took Evelyn’s down to her house while it was still warm and she called about 45 minutes later to tell me it was heavenly!!

3 comments:

  1. That bread looks amazing. What is different about making Challah bread besides the shape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challah bread looks good enough to eat ;) BG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Can't wait to learn to bake it with you!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.