Thursday, November 14, 2013

orange pound cake, almond croissants

I made a quick trip to the library Wednesday morning (11/13) but was back in time for Michael to make me oatmeal for breakfast and then to settle in for my long talk with Janice.  Michael finally took off for golf (there was a 1 hour frost delay) and he eventually came home with an 86.  I spent the morning mending 2 pairs of his jeans, and around NOON the guys showed up to work on our attic.  They are sealing all of the ceiling fixtures to prevent air loss from the house, and then covering the entire attic with this reflective aluminum.  When I found out they hadn’t had any lunch, I made 3 PB & J sandwiches with chips and gave them each a piece of chocolate for dessert J.  Before they left, they asked me if I had made the jam (the only thing I had open was my homemade peach jam).  One of the young men told me it reminded him of the jam his great gamma made…high praise indeed!  I made an orange flavored pound cake just after dinner (still searching for the perfect pound cake): 

 Although Michael gave it an 8-1/2 out of 10, it didn’t have the dense texture I was looking for (and when I said it should get better tasting after a couple of days, he said it wouldn't be around that long!!!)  We watched a bit of TV, then I put together almond croissants and slid them into the fridge

 


 
so that I could bake them Thursday morning and take some to quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.