Saturday, November 9, 2013


I got an early morning call on Friday (11/8) from Willa (friend and president of Scrap Happy Quilters) telling me that one of our Thursday quilters had passed away quite unexpectedly….very sobering news for so early in the morning.  I spent a bit of time in the morning working on my shawls, and most of the afternoon reading the first in a new series of books combining quilting and murder…what could be better (except cooking and murder where they give you recipes as well  J).  Ann Mary and Jim picked me up at 5 AM and 8 more of us went out to dinner at BONEFISH before heading to the theatre to see Michael.  He didn’t know I was coming…and I saw his face change when he heard my signature ‘woo, woo’ while applauding J.  He rushed out as soon as he changed his costume and gave me a big hug and asked what I was doing there.  I told him Ann Mary had an extra ticket and I decided to come along and surprise him.  I rode home with Michael and Sandra and we discussed the play and the cast the entire way home.  This play has been jinxed almost from the beginning, and when they finally finish Sunday night (and we’re sure nothing else can go wrong) I’m going to list everything they’ve been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.