Tuesday, November 12, 2013

charity hats, Elsie & Cookie a duex, new shawls


Even though we got up very late, I made pecan pancakes for breakfast on Sunday (11/10).  Michael felt like he barely had an hour to relax before Sandy picked him up at 12:30 and they headed off for the last performance.  By then the day had warmed up a bit, and I spent an hour or so in the garage, mixing up another batch of lavender soap.  It is incubating and I hope to unveil it on Tuesday morning.  I read the paper a bit, then got cleaned up and went over to pick up Jan.  We went to the wake for our fellow quilter, who died last Friday.  There were TONS of people there (she was one of 11 siblings) and we didn’t get home until after 6.  I made a plate of cheese and crackers and sat down to watch a movie, convinced that Michael and Sandy wouldn’t be home until 9 (the actors had to strike the set after the last performance), but they called at 6:45 and said they were on their way home and were starving!!!  I heated up tortellinis and sauce, along with a couple of meatballs I found in the freezer.  We sat and talked for a bit once they got home, then Sandy headed for home, and Michael jumped in the whirlpool tub to relax and read his book a bit, and then get right into bed.  I took a whirlpool when he was done, but didn’t let the water out when I finished.  In the first place…it makes lots of gurgle-y slurpy sounds when it is emptying (and I wanted to get to sleep) and in the second place, since Michael didn’t use any bubble bath, I figured I could water my plants with it J.  You know what they say….waste not, want not!

 It was only 36 degrees when Michael left for golf on Monday (11/11)….brrr_r_r_r!  Barrie arrived at 9:30 and we headed out to stuff mailboxes with flyers for our art crawl this weekend.  We spent a couple of hours doing that, then Barrie had to leave (taking most of my charity hats with her for donation to the local elementary school.  She left 2 behind that she said were newborn size.  I have added them to the box of baby sweaters I hope to have done for winter 2014 and eventual donation to the Pregnancy Care Center in a local town):
 
Jan picked up the gauntlet of delivering flyers and went around with me for a couple of hours.  By the time Michael got home, there were only a few more streets that had to be done, and we were finished by 3:30.  He left to get a haircut (his hair is SO LONG because the director didn’t want him to cut it before the play was done) and was home by 4:30.  He hopped in the shower (with his faithful companions waiting nearby on the fainting couch in the bedroom):










 

 

 

And FINALLY…..before we left for dinner at THE BIG VIEW…..2 new shawls finished:

this picture really doesn't do the fabric justice
 
Thank goodness…I don’t know what my problem has been (oh..new library books may have been part of it J), but I finally finished those shawls.  Our dinner was with 50 other people, talking with an energy conservation group.  They have a lot of energy saving technology for your home and we are considering implementing some of it.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.