Sunday, November 3, 2013

charity quilts 1, 2 & 3

Friday morning (11/1) Michael headed out for LOWE’s with Phil, while I headed down to the studio to work on shawls.  At 11 I came upstairs and pulled together a bit of food for Gale’s arrival at 11:30.  I asked her over for lunch (we haven’t seen each other in forever!) and we talked and talked and talked and talked!  Michael came home around 1:30 as Gale was leaving and we both took naps in the afternoon.  Michael left for a performance around 6 PM and at 6:30 Jan and Willa and Lisa and I headed into Charlotte for the symphony pops concert.  It was the original cast from Jersey boys and they sang lots of Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons stuff, but also Michael Jackson, the Mamas and the Poppas, the Beach Boys and a few others.  It was a GREAT concert, and I beat Michael home by 10 minutes J.

Saturday was all about our attendance at a Bat Mitzvah for our friend Evelyn.  Evelyn is in her 70’s and 2 years ago began to learn Hebrew to eventually take classes for her Bat Mitzvah.  I cannot even imagine how she did it, but at the 3 hour service on Saturday morning, she became and ‘adult, responsible for her actions’.  It was wonderful to see her and there was a lovely luncheon after the service.  Saturday afternoon we did a few chores around the house, then Saturday evening Michael left for a performance and I headed up to the golf club for a dinner, celebrating Evelyn’s accomplishment.  Dinner was wonderful, and I sat with 2 other couples who just returned from a 14 day trip to Italy.  I was enthralled with their stories of all of the meals they ate while there….good thing I was getting fed at the same time.  I was home around 9 and knit for a couple of hours until Michael got home at 11.

Several people asked to see the charity quilt tops….here are the pictures:
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.