Wednesday, November 13, 2013

bread & cookies, soap, Elsie & Cookie a cinq

I made bread dough on Monday, but never got it baked, so that was the first order of business Tuesday (11/12) morning (as well as a few white chocolate/craisen/nut cookies for Michael's cookie jar).  We also had an 8 AM meeting with the energy people from the night before, and Matthew really enjoyed the fresh bread as well J. 
 


 We haven’t seen Susan in forever, so I ran 1/2 a loaf over to her (and later in the afternoon she brought us some yummy beef veggie soup she had been making in her crockpot).  Once the energy guy left, Michael took off for BJ’s and I headed out to unmold, cut and shave my soap:


my bowl of shavings...I'm really going to have to make it into
new soap one of these days....

All boxed up and ready to cure for 4 weeks




































Nancy came by around 12:45 to buy one of my trendy totes as a gift, and then gave me a lift to Stitch & Chat.  I got home around 3:30 and had a nice phone call with Ginny, she’s recently taken up alcohol ink painting and so she had a nice long talk with Michael as well.  Michael ran to FIGARO’s for pizza for dinner, then he and Larry left for the movies (12 years a slave), while I stayed home to knit.  We’ve had a recent cold snap and I don’t know if they’re huddling together for warmth or what but here’s the progression of the evening:









2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you could share the recipe for the white chocolate/craisen/nut cookies you mentioned making today for Michael’s cookie jar? I’m intrigued. I don’t do a lot of baking but I might give these a try.

    Love the pictures (that bread – I can almost smell it via the pictures!) Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tres bien mon Cherie -- je t'aime vous!!

    votre hubby!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.