Wednesday, October 3, 2012


Tuesday morning (10/2) was a rush to get the guys out the door for the start of the tournament, after which Michael left for breakfast out and meeting with AAA to plan our trip to the Grand Canyon and I headed downstairs to get back to regular crafting!  I got to work a bit on new snowflakes, and did a little paperwork before heading up to the Lake House for a square dancing meeting.  The took about 1-1/2 hours, and when I got home it was time to get going on dinner.  I made several pans of beef enchiladas the other day, so those went ino the oven and I put on brown rice in the rice cooker.  Michael made a great salad, and we all sat down to eat around 5, and he left again for rehearsal around 6.  I got a pan of chocolate chip layer bars done before spending the evening knitting and watching TV while the guys were downstairs playing pool and watching TV.

I am including Sally’s note on the quilt that she wanted sent out to everyone….I am SO GRATEFUL that she totally got the idea that the quilt was about all of the love and prayers coming their way.  I am telling you, they are GREAT people and we are so fortunate that we met them when we were first buying our house and have been great friends ever since.

 *************************
Oh my!!!!!!!!!!

We came home from Jimmy's radiation treatment today to find a box on the front porch.  How wonderful it was to find the hugs and kisses quilt inside.  As we read the squares, my tears were flowing and Jimmy was smiling. Your love can be felt in every handwritten square, but more than that we know that your prayers are being heard.  As his chemo and radiation continue and we add IV chemo to the mix, we have been told he will get a bit more tired- so my plan is to wrap him in this love quilt, so even as he sleeps, your love and prayers will surround him and continue to sustain him.

God has blessed us with the most wonderful family, friends, neighbors and golf buddies ever. We will never be able to find the appropriate words to tell you how much this means to us- just know that we love you all.

We know that we are in God's tender loving care and that you are all part of
that care.

God bless you all.

 

1 comment:

  1. Trip to the Grand Canyon??? When are you going??

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.