Thursday, October 11, 2012

cookies, artisan bread


Michael left for golf on Wednesday (10/10) coming home later with an 83!!!  And that was after starting out on the very first hole with a 7.  I headed to the studio to work on weaving, but I got distracted by a wall hanging that Michael and I are trying to do together.  You may remember that I showed him my fabrics and he designed it, but when I made a sample piece, neither one of us liked it.  We drastically reduced the number of fabrics we were using, and I worked on making another sample copy.  Jean stopped by to look at my scarves and to buy several for Christmas presents, and Beth stopped by for just a few minutes to get some help on an adorable Christmas skirt she is making (she had dropped a stitch).  After she left, I continued to work on the wall hanging for a bit.  After lunch I decided to do a bit more paperwork.  You may remember me talking about a woman who had just started to get involved in our volunteer club…and then she died?  Well, her husband asked for donations to the club at her memorial and I had had a list of thank you notes to write (I’m secretary of the club).  After an even dozen I can finally put that task behind me.  By then Michael was home and it was time to head upstairs for kitchen duty.  I made a batch of White Chocolate Chip/Craisen/Oatmeal cookies for Michael to take to rehearsal: 

 and also got a loaf of artisan bread done for a friend:

 
  She has been having trouble with her esophagus and hasn’t been able to eat bread in months.  She finally had some surgery and they told her she could eat some in 3 weeks.  I said ‘you don’t want skucky old store bought bread to break your fast…let me know when you can have bread again’ , so today was the day.  She was barely home after picking it up (it was still warm) when I got the call that it was fabulous and she was sitting there with a plate, a knife and the butter.  I’m not even sure her hubby will get any  J.  Michael left for rehearsal just before 6 and I spent the evening knitting and trying to stay awake.  When he called to say they were done and he was heading home….I told him to hurry because I was tired of eating lonely burgers.  He has had rehearsal every night since Sunday…and Friday is opening night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.