Saturday, October 13, 2012

artisan bread, Elsie, the furry kids!!


I was up at 6 AM Thursday (10/11) to get caught up on more paperwork.  I finally completed the minutes from last month’s Volunteer meeting and got them sent out.  I also set up the first meeting for our Art Crawl participants.  I called Beth at 7:15 and we went for our walk and when I got home after 8, I took a quick shower and gathered all of my quilting supplies together.  Michael told me the temp wasn’t supposed to go above 62 degrees today, so I put Italian Wedding Soup in the crockpot before heading out the door.  As always, quilting was lots of fun….although this week I totally did more talking and listening than working  L. 

I got home around 1 and in the afternoon I started to work on more purses for the craft fair.  I did a lot of golf fabric purses in the spring, but they all sold to Leila and her friends in Massachusetts J.  I still had some of the golf fabric left, so I got all of it cut out before heading upstairs to make another loaf of artisan bread to go with the soup for dinner: 

 

 Michael left around 6 for rehearsal and I left at 7 for a meeting at the Lake House.  Last year in early November, I participated in a home show with 2 potters.  We had a lot of traffic and sales and we were planning to do it this year, when I got the bright idea to make it an ‘art crawl’ instead.  We are trying to get various artists interested and to have several homes on the tour instead of just one.  The time is very short and there is a lot of work to do, but I really think it is the way to go, as does one of the other potters who did it with me last year.  What is making my job incredibly harder is the negative attitude of one of the participants.  No matter WHAT happens, or what anyone says, she is bad mouthing it or saying how it won’t work.  And she exaggerates any slightly bad thing that happens to her….oh the DRAMA!!  PLEASE save me from NEGATIVE people!!!  They are just very draining, and for the most part I avoid them like the plague, but in this I have no choice, so I’m just trying to make the best of it….call her on her hyperbole…and just keep going  J. (ok…thanks for listening to the rant).

When I got home, I continued to work on my purses. 
 
I had some other pictures to share…the first one is for Janice:
 
 

 See, as I mentioned, when Cookie is away, Elsie gets to sleep on the ‘princess and the pea’ bed.  But later on Thursday afternoon….something happened that TOTALLY threw me….just like a baby, this picture was NINE MONTHS in the making:
 
 

 We rescued Cookie in January.  And even though Elsie was used to dogs and was great friends with Chloe, she has never warmed up to Cookie.  Part of it is that Elsie is older now, and Cookie is even more rambunctious than a regular puppy (being mostly Jack Russell) and she just tries to play too roughly with her older cat sister.  Anyway, when I saw this happening, I slowly got the camera.  I am so disappointed that the pictures are a little blurry….but amazed that it happened at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.