Saturday, October 27, 2012

deer, Cookie & Elsie video


So, I’m sitting at my computer Friday morning (10/26) and Cookie starts barking up a storm and I look out the back door and see this: 


 

 

right on my patio.

 

 
 
 
 
 
The deer doesn’t seem afraid of Cookie, but when it turns I see that it is badly injured.  I run upstairs to call my neighbor, and he watches it cross his yard and then come up between the houses and lie down in Marilu’s front garden (neighbor 2 doors down): 

 

 
I called Marilu so she wouldn’t let her dogs out, or come out on her front porch and be startled.  I had to leave to go shopping with Jan, so I didn’t get the rest of the story until I got home.  The deer was there for several hours, and finally ran across the road and down into the woods on the other side of the street.

Jan and I hit Michael’s, then had a lovely lunch at City Tavern, and stopped at the knitting store on the way home. 

Once home, I spent the afternoon working on a new wall hanging for the living room, while Michael was working on his computer.  He took a moment out to take a short video:

 
I had a quick dinner and was picked up for our band rehearsal.  By the time I got home at 10, I was exhausted and Michael and I just watched a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The deer was amazing, and the video entertaining. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.