Monday, October 1, 2012

hydrangeas, zinnias


Sunday morning (9/30) Michael wanted pancakes for breakfast, so that’s what we made on our new grill.  We finally had to get rid of our old grill (truly about 30 years old….it was a gift from Aunt Vi and it was already used when I got it!) when Michael tried to unplug it and almost burnt his hand.  I love the fact that the actual grill top on the new one can be removed for cleaning….makes it SO much easier.  The pancakes were great, and while I cleaned up the kitchen, my honey filled the house with flowers:
 

 

a last gasp for the hydrangeas

but the zinnias are going strong...and they are truly around 9 feet tall!

note the pottery vase that Michael made in (I think) 7th grade

 

 Then we started a marathon of cleaning.  We have 2 golfers (on the “E” tour) coming to stay with us for 3 days while they compete in a tournament at our course.  We were only going to take one, but when he called, he said he had a buddy, so I said ‘sure, bring him along’. 

Michael left for rehearsal around 2:30 and I continued to work on a quilt of mine before heading up to the Lake House with Susan at 3:30.  She is in charge of the current volunteer drive and needed some help, so we spent an hour at the Lake House getting everything together to be distributed.  I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening continuing to work on this quilt…Michael came home, had leftovers for dinner and watched golf during the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.