Wednesday, October 10, 2012

blue/green ruffle scarves, Cookie & Elsie


I felt like I ran from morning ‘til night on Tuesday (10/9).  I spent the morning with Nancy, knitting away while she worked on a gorgeous quilt for her mom….I’m going to have to ask her to take a picture when it is done so that I can post it….I would LOVE to do something similar.  I came home to four messages from people who needed things!!!  I took care of those and raced over to Jan’s to pick up a scarf and head off to Stitch ‘n’ Chat.  I sold (score!!!) one of my Halloween table toppers there, and got to talk to a lot of people before heading on home.  I am trying to arrange an ART CRAWL here in Sun City (Leila, where are you?  the stained glass group turned me down  L) with several different artists for the first weekend in November, and organizing that is taking up a lot of my time.  Before dinner I managed to get more snowflakes cut out (from the same pine cone fabric I fused earlier).  Michael had soup and cornbread for dinner and headed off to rehearsal at 6.  I sewed in the ends on 2 more scarves (knitted sometime in the last 2 weeks): 


 and went back to….are you ready for it….WEAVING!!!!  Something I haven’t done in months….have 2 scarves on the loom and am going to try to get them done for the fair in 1-1/2 weeks.  At 7:30 I headed up to the Lake House for a meeting about the crawl, and was home again by 9.  Michael got home after 10, all wired up from rehearsal, so we had a bit of ice cream and watched TV before heading to bed.
 
This next picture is for Janice, who complained that Cookie seemed to have the soft, cushy bed, while Elsie (the cat) was just lying on the plan old sofa in the last picture.  Here's where they were last night:
 
 

As you can see, Cookie's in her regular place, and Elsie is on the very puffy cushion I made for the stool.  I think they both look perfectly content!

1 comment:

  1. No Fair NO fair NO faIR!!!! they sleep whenI AM gone!

    Loveu mICHAEL

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.