Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween table topper, bundt bread


On Monday (10/8) Michael left for golf with LONG pants and a sweater vest….the high was around 55 degrees.  Definitely a soup for dinner day!  I spent all day in the studio and had this to show for it (actually I finished 2 of them): 

 

These are the Halloween toppers I made for Leila and Ginny.  I only meant to make 2, and decided to make all of my points in purple.  This was NOT a good decision, because when I laid it out…you really didn’t see the patter in the center and on the outside of the piece.  So…I came home and made twelve MORE blocks, this time with all of the points in yellow.  Now….look back at the picture and see how in the center, it goes purple/yellow/purple/yellow.  Anyway, in doing that, I had 2 extra tops.  Finally got them quilted and bound.  Around 3 PM I wandered upstairs to try out a new bread recipe to go with our soup:
 

 
You make it in a bundt pan…the outside has sesame seeds embedded in the crust…..and inside is a cheese/herb mixture.  It was yummy with our Mexican Chicken Soup.  We gave 1/2 of the loaf to our neighbors and they enjoyed it as well.  Michael left for rehearsal around 5:30 and I watched TV and knit for the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. We must have been on the same vibe -- I made Mexican Chicken Stew for supper on Monday too!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.