Thursday, October 6, 2016

Raelene, Jan, Carolyn & Beth, last patriotic for this year finished!

Raelene left on Wednesday morning (10/7) which seemed far too soon.  Michael made her one of his perfect mushroom/spinach/cheese omelets in the morning, 



patiently waiting
then we headed out to hitch up her camper, but not before gift giving.  Raelene gave me a FABULOUS gift:



I'm sure BG recognizes them...they are dryer balls...can't wait to see how they work....BG loves hers!  Then it was time to say good-bye:



the master at work

She hit the road just after 9 AM.  I couldn't resist snapping a few more pictures on the way back into the house:

maybe our last hydrangea bloom

and our 10 foot tall rose bush




































I did a bunch of chores in the morning until Carolyn, Beth & Jan picked me up for our lunch.  We ended up going to McCalister’s and had a wonderful lunch 

Jan, Carolyn, Beth

before heading off to our real objective…TRADER JOES!!!  It was hard to limit what I was buying, but I kept telling myself that I could always come back and that I HAVE to clean out my freezer before I buy any more frozen stuff!!!  I was home around 2:30 and just felt absolutely beat, so I took a nap.  The next 2 hours were spent reading my book and handing out chocolate tickets.  BG called at 5 PM and we had a wonderful, LONG talk and solved all the problems of the world.  Michael and I both had leftovers for dinner, then I headed downstairs to SKYPE with Janice…which did not work AT ALL  :~(.  We talked on the phone instead and I got the label stitched down and all of the ends woven in on my patriotic quilt.  
















I can’t remember if I wrote this already, but my goal was to make 5 quilts this year for the VFW.  This is quilt #7…so I am a happy camper!  Michael and I watched TV until far too late before heading to bed. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what brand of camper Raelene has? Looks like a Runaway from a company on Florida. And how does she make her dryer balls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, it's a Runaway, from Ocala, FL. bought used.

      Delete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.