Monday, October 24, 2016

quiche, baby quilt, first retreat box done

I was up early Sunday (10/23) to get a broccoli/cheddar quiche in the oven for breakfast…



then went right into making my 80 servings of butternut squash casserole for a Cooking Fingers demo on Monday.  
















Was I tired?  Absolutely beat…my achy body did NOT want to move....but the thing keeping me going was knowing that the minute I was done…I could head to my studio and spend all day there :~).  And by 1 PM all of my casseroles were in the Lake House fridge and I was sewing :~).  As I mentioned, all of my blocks were sewn into rows


and I worked on sewing the rows together:  After that was done 


I got distracted and never put a border on…Michael thinks a pink one will look nice.  Instead I started cutting strips/blocks for one of my boxes to take to retreat.  We paused for dinner…Michael did champagne and puffy things (of course!!!) to celebrate the end of the Chocolate craziness.  He left at 6 to try out for SCROOGE in Rock Hill and I finished all of my cutting for one retreat project, a Sterling School sized Diamond Dash:  


After that, it was relaxing and waiting for my honey to get home to watch TV with me and snuggle on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.