Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Cooking Fingers squash day, last patriotic finished!


Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (10/10) to leave for golf at 7 AM.  I hopped up at 6:30 because I had a lot to get done.  I got my blog out, then ran around the kitchen, packing for my cooking Fingers Demo and thinking a little bit about what I was going to say.  Our program was soup,



salad, pasta dish (that was me)



and dessert….

kind of a spice cake with cream cheese frosting....yum!

all with a winter squash theme.  I left the house at 9 AM to get to the Lake House to get the ovens to pre-heat….they take a ridiculously long time.  I was planning to actually demo my recipe, but we sort of ran out of time, so I just showed people what to do and gave them some tips on herbs and other things.  The nicest thing was that at the end of talking, one woman yelled out that I should have my own show  :~).  We all got many, many compliments on our lunch…..all 4 of our dishes just went together beautifully…we have great program directors!  I made stops at CVS and the library and headed on home after the program.  And that’s where I became totally lazy!  Of course…you KNOW new books from the library are my downfall  :~).  I read until Michael got home around 3 PM.  We were both sleepy and took naps until 4…then sat and talked for quite a bit.  Neither one of us was interested in dinner…he had a late lunch on the way home from golf (very disappointed with his 91…on what he said was a very tough course) and I was still full from cooking club.  Jan swung by to pick me up at 5:30 and we headed up to the Lodge to sell tickets for the Chocolate Event.  It was much more fun to sit there and talk with her that it would have been by myself….PLUS…I gave her a chocolate martini before we left the house and she was just a riot during ticket sales :~).  We stopped at her house on the way home to check out some border fabric for the John Deere quilt…and I think she had a green that will work well.  After that I headed for home…Michael was still out at his Fort Mill Theatre board meeting, so I watched a bit of TV and knit until he got home around 10 PM.

 

I don’t think I even posted a picture of the last patriotic quilt that Loree was kind enough to bind for me….here it is:


Michael and I watched just a 1/2 hour of TV before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.