Saturday, October 8, 2016

bread, new quilt strips


I hopped up at 7 AM on Friday to get a bunch of paperwork done, and then to get bread dough made before my chocolate meeting at 9 AM.  The meeting went very well…I think everyone is pretty much set on all of their supplies and what they will be doing the evening of the event, and my bread came out of the oven just minutes after everyone left (yes…I probably drove them crazy with the smell!)  Michael ran a 1/2 loaf over to Susan who is just home from a 3 week trip out west.

rather lumpy this time....but still tastes great!

I left around 10:30 to pick up some raffle prizes, and then to pick up Pat to head off to Hobby Lobby in Rock Hill.  I didn’t get home until after 2 PM and had a couple of phone calls to return before I finally made it downstairs.  I want to make a “baby” quilt for my dentist for November (the baby is in quotes because I am not using baby colors and it won't really be that small), so I started pulling out fabrics for that.  I spent several hours pulling out stuff and changing my mind, and finally settled on what I think I like: 
















My FABULOUS honey ventured out in the rain for me for dinner.  Before I came home from my Hobby Lobby trip, I forced myself to head for Harris Teeter to pick up 8 pounds of butternut squash for my cooking demo on Monday.  They only had 6 pounds…and I asked the guy to cut one more squash for me….as I was putting it in the fridge, I noticed that I only had 2 pounds of squash…and 4 pounds of SWEET POTATO cubes  :~(.  I called Paula, and she didn’t seem 100% thrilled about that substitution, so I started to call a few other grocery stores.  I finally found one with squash, and my honey headed out to pick up the squash AND dinner so that I could continue to sort through fabric…let me  tell you…I married a PEACH :~).  Anyway, we had Chinese for dinner, and at 7 PM I finally wandered upstairs after all of my strips were cut

this way???

or this way???




























and Barbara’s batting and quilt top were loaded on my frame. 


We watched a bunch of TV until bedtime while I continued to knit on a scarf for the kids at Clinton.

1 comment:

  1. I think the second way works better.
    luv me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.