Sunday, October 16, 2016

guns/shooting, baby quilt


Pat & Sharon picked me up early Saturday morning (10/15) for an all day “Women & Guns” seminar.  It was very interesting.  After an introduction and safety briefing we hit the various ranges to fire various types and calibers of guns.  My instructor said my aim was very good and was surprised I had never shot before:  


We shot plates, balloons, clay targets and steel tins.  The only downside was that we were standing for most of the 6 hours we were at the range….VERY tiring for my legs and feet.  But we all passed with flying colors and were glad we went: 



When I got home Michael was not there as his tee time wasn’t until 12:30, so I sat down with my legs up and read my book for a bit.  But, I was itching to get back to my baby quilt and by the time Michael came home, the rows were together: 


Although I really don’t want to make it any larger (I want it to fit on polar fleece for the back), I really think it needs a border, so I hope to put that on, on Sunday.  Michael seemed very happy with his 85 and we headed upstairs to have dinner.  I had hoped to sew a bit more after dinner, but I was absolutely pooped, so we watched TV and I started to stuff the envelopes of tickets for the Chocolate Event this coming Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.