Friday, October 21, 2016

Jan b-day cake, new baby blocks finished, Chocolate towels, Elsie


Michael packed my car for quilting on Thursday (10/20) before settling in to a leisurely breakfast (his tee off time wasn’t until NOON).  As some of you may have guessed, the cake was for Jan’s birthday (which was Wednesday….we left a balloon and card on her front porch.  I didn't want to say who the cake was for, figuring if I did it would be the one time she read the blog before coming to quilting!)  I took it to quilting and it seemed to be a big hit! 




















Joanne came down to share a piece when I got home, and brought green apple martinis to share as well!  I finished up my green pinwheels at quilting: 


Only one more color to go before I start cutting them up for the final block.  During the rest of the afternoon, I worked a bit on my newest baby quilt and got all of my blocks completed:


and finally finished my last 2 chocolate towels to give to my committee Friday afternoon: 



I had company while I was working in my studio (I know...it's become a regular thing....are you tired of pictures of Elsie yet?): 





Michael and I relaxed in the evening and watched a bit of TV before bed.  I feel like it is the calm before the storm of the chocolate event Saturday night….please keep your fingers crossed for me and my committee :~).

1 comment:

  1. I think those are some of the same pictures from before, but it is great that Elsie keeps you company. I think you need to get Cookie a new bed too.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.