Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Celebration of Chocolate

Michael was up early Saturday (10/22) for golf (eventually coming home with an 83), while I was up early to get 36 servings of my mousse ready for the chocolate event.  That took me quite awhile, but eventually they were done and I headed downstairs to sew a little bit.  I got all of my blocks sewn together in rows before it was time to get cleaned up to head up to the Lake House to deliver my desserts and see what all was happening.  I got the Lake House at 4 PM….and got home just after 10 PM….WHAT a successful night!  We got many, many compliments….the best one I overheard was that it was very organized and ran very smoothly (anal Debbie strikes again:~).  I’m just going to post a bunch of pictures of the event:
getting ready







raffle prizes






desserts....dessserts....

and more desserts...over 1500 samples....


a list of raffle prizes was on every table

more prizes

and still more prizes...



We came home and Michael and I both put our feet up (he was there, right beside me, working away all evening...there's no way I could have done this without him), and watched TV for an hour before stumbling off to bed.  THANK GOODNESS IT IS OVER….no more sleepless nights and getting up at 5 AM to type notes to myself about the event :~).  I am having one follow-up meeting next week to go over what worked and what didn’t…then I will publish all of our directions on the Volunteer Home Page for the people running it next year.

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Congratulations. It looked professionally done in the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.