Tuesday, October 4, 2016


Did you ever have a day where you felt like you ran around like a crazy person all day…but didn’t get much done or couldn't even remember what you really did?  That was Monday (10/3).  Michael had a leisurely breakfast Monday morning before leaving at 9:15 to pick up his regular guys for golfing.  I headed out around the same time to solicit gifts for our raffle at the Chocolate Event at the insurance agent’s, the real estate agent’s and the bank before getting in a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home.  I did manage to get Barbara’s backing loaded up:


and had company while I was doing it:



but that was it before I dropped back to working on the poster for the Chocolate Event.  Just then I got a call from friend Raelene indicating she was on her way?!!??!   We knew she was coming for a visit, but not exactly when…so after that call I ran around to make sure everything was set up in her guest bedroom.  This involved (in part) moving the 8 quilt tops from her bed to the pool table!  Good news, bad news…my own quilt tops just keep getting set aside because I keep getting customer ones  :~).  Sandy stopped by to pick up her finished quilt: 
















And Michael came home from golf (with an 86) and helped me to finally finish my poster.  I think this poster is just gorgeous and it was all created by my honey (thank goodness….I shudder to think what it would have looked like if I had to create it on my own).  Michael ran out to get a pizza for dinner and Raelene showed up as I was going out the door to the Lodge. 

Raelene & Piper


I was up there for 1-1/2 hours, selling tickets to the chocolate event (and debuting the poster)



before coming home, pouring a drink and sitting in the living room with Michael and Raelene talking and talking and talking…it was wonderful!  We all stumbled to bed around 10 PM, pretty much exhausted :~).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.