Sunday, October 9, 2016

Butternut Squash Casseroles for Cooking Fingers, John's birthday party


I grabbed a quick pic of my honey getting ready to make gas housers again on Saturday morning (10/8)


before heading downstairs to stay out of his way.  I got a few strips sewn together before he was done and when he called me, I headed to the kitchen for my cooking marathon.  I started at 10 AM to make 80 small servings of my butternut squash casserole.  I really got into a rhythm doing it and by 2 PM I was done and the kitchen was all cleaned up. 

sage, washed & spun dry

getting it chopped

WOW - there's stuff EVERYWHERE!!

squash & onions ready for roasting in the oven

adding sage butter into the cooked pasta

sizzling squash/onions, ready to be added in

voila!

I needed a bit of a rest after that, so both of us sat and read our books in the living room until 4 PM when it was time to leave.  We headed up to the Lake House to drop off all of the casseroles.  The bad news is that between 1 PM when Michael checked the fridge to make sure it was empty…and 4 PM when we got there….it had filled up with lots of stuff.  Luckily I was able to re-arrange things so that all of the casseroles fit in.  After that we headed to the walking track to check out the quilt show.  There were some lovely quilts hanging on the walls, and both of us enjoyed seeing them.  After that we headed to John & Jorie’s


for John’s 70th birthday party.  The food was great:




and we had a good time talking with everyone.  When we got home, we watched TV for just a bit, then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.