Wednesday, June 19, 2013

anne & flowers, hydrangeas, beach embroidery, furry kids, beginning of woven bag

I got 2 loads of laundry in Saturday (6/15) before picking up Jan and heading to Michael’s (the store).  I went through last Sunday’s papers and found a 50% off Michael’s coupon.  I have tried to order a special ‘resist’ medium for Michael’s (my honey!) alcohol inks, and someone told me that they started carrying it at Michael’s (the store).  So Jan and I buzzed on out there and found it, along with 3 loaves of bread for Jan at the bread store.  I was home by 10:30 and Michael had picked a bunch of our flowers and made 3 beautiful bouquets.  I took one over to Anne’s (she is having surgery this week):

 
and one to Susan’s to thank her for watching after Elsie and one for us:



I spent over an hour getting my first blog entry done and by then it was NOON.  I made a list Friday night of all of the craft type things I wanted to do when I got home, so I got busy on those right away.  My first priority is to get Anne’s quilt moving…her surgery is the 20th and I don’t know how soon after that she starts chemo, but I want her quilt done ASAP.  She has been going to the beach once a year for about 40 years with a group of close girlfriends.  I decided to make the center of her quilt a beach scene, and then put the blocks from those friends around it.  It took me a couple of hours to layout the embroideries that I am doing for the center, and then I started stitching.  I started stitching at 4PM, and it was finally done at 10PM.  I DID take a short break for dinner, but otherwise was changing my thread 52 times to stitch out the 6 different embroideries I combined for this scene:

 
******************************************
 
FATHER’sDAY!!!  We took a bike ride in the morning, then dined al fresco (on the deck) once we were home.  Michael spent the rest of the morning downstairs with me, reading his emails while someone snoozed nearby:








 

 

 
 
and the early part of the afternoon doing things around the house, and hitting a few golf balls for practice (and this is where Cookie waits while he is gone),

 
on the corner of the sofa, staring at the bottom
of the stairs

 
ok..let's ALL wait on the sofa arm for dad!

 

before settling in to watch the last round of the US OPEN.  I spent the rest of the day in the studio, working on a new purse…or it might be another knitting bag…it’s hard to tell at this point:
 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the embroidery is simply BEAUTIFUL. It looks professionally done. She is going to love it. And I bet the kids were happy to see you...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.