Friday, June 21, 2013

blueberries, flowers, tomatoes

Michael left very early for golf on Wednesday (6/19) and I hopped up and did my computer work so that I was ready for Janice’s weekly call at 9 AM.  I LOVE getting that call….we get to talk for 1/2 an hour and it really makes my day.  After the call I settled down to finish my book…..WOW…I LOVED this book…it’s THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN by Hallie Ephron and I got it from the library.  I’m glad I finished it because now I can get some work done  J.  By the time I was done, and I got the checkbook balanced, it was 1 PM and I headed to the studio to start to pull together Anne’s quilt.  Michael came home around 2 with an 87, and while he was playing in the backyard with the dog in the afternoon (and I was doing my 3 times a day ritual…drowning Japanese beetles in soap water from the zinnias), he also picked our first harvest of blueberries!!!!!

 
Quilting was cancelled for Thursday (6/20), so Jan and I headed out early to Joann’s…they had everything on my list…and I got to buy it all at 40% off….SCORE!!!  Jan also got a couple pairs of new shoes at DSW before we headed for home.  I came home to another beautiful bouquet in the kitchen:

 
as well as a single rose beside my computer  J.  AND, we harvested our first tomatoes of the season (cherry):


I pushed myself in the afternoon and I am done finishing my entrelac sweater!!!!  All knitting – DONE, all ribbing – DONE (for the third time), all ends sewing in – DONE!!!!  I will be blocking the collar on the island tomorrow….I am SO GLAD that this is totally finished  J.  Michael and I had mac ‘n’ cheese for dinner and afterwards I spent a bit of time on handles for new woven bags before heading upstairs to knit and watch TV with my honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.