Thursday, June 20, 2013

charity hats, bread, coral gladiola, furry kids, new woven purse

By the way…I DID finish 4 knitted charity hats on vacation out of the new yarn I ordered…I LOVE it…it is soft-soft-soft!  When I put these away and saw all of the old ones I had made, I realized that I like the 2 tone ones better than the all solid ones.....I've been making many that way to use up little bits and bobs of yarn, but I think I'll do it on purpose now!

 
Monday morning (6/17) I spent several hours on the computer getting all of the instructions written for how to run our recent Volunteer drive.  At 10 I left for our volunteer meeting and I handed out copies of the instructions to the rest of the team.  They will review (hopefully!) and let me know if there is anything I missed before we publish these guidelines.  I didn’t get home until close to NOON, and the bread dough I made before I left had risen to the top of the bowl!  I got the loaves shaped and into pans to be baked, and they were finished baking shortly before Michael came home from golf (with an 84!!) 

 
Aren’t the mini-loaves just the cutest?  They went to 2 of our neighbors.  At 5 we headed over to Sally and Jimmy’s for dinner, which was wonderful.  Afterwards the men retired to Jimmy’s theatre room to watch THE AVENGERS, while Sally and I sat in the living room and talked and talked and talked!

*********************************************** 

After a quick breakfast Tuesday morning (6/18) Michael took Cookie for a walk while I headed to the studio (Nancy wasn’t feeling well, so we cancelled our regular date).  When he got home we both went out to the back garden to pick another of our gladiolas….it is the MOST beautiful color:
 
I am excited about working on my new woven purse….but I REALLY just want to sit and read the new book I started called THERE WAS AN OLD WOMAN.  It’s a new novel of suspense and it’s REALLY good.  While I was downstairs sewing, the ‘kids’ tried to share the stool for their naps:

Cookie is laying right on top of Elsie...I think she is trying to get
Elsie to leave!

But Elsie stood her ground!
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got everything done on the woven purse (except the hand sewing…and there is a LOT of it L) done before it was time to make pizza for dinner (using the last of the leftover bread dough for the crust…Michael said it was excellent!), and head over to Jan’s for the evening.  Michael and Walt and Larry went to see the latest FAST AND FURIOUS movie while Jan and I stayed home.  She got a bunch of yarn wound and I finished all of the hand sewing on my new knitting bag (it’s way too big for a purse for me….I LOVE it):


See that gusset on the side?  What a pain in the b-tt!!!





 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I changed the pattern somewhat…it didn’t have a lining, so I put one in and added pockets on both sides:
 

2 comments:

  1. (the woven bag) OMG!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!! BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. (woven bag) can I say absoluetley GORGEEEEEOUS ???!!!!!!! MJ

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.