Tuesday, June 25, 2013

making yoghurts

Michael left before SEVEN AM Monday morning (6/24) for golf…they had an early tee time at a golf course about an hour away.  Even though he was rushing to get ready and leave, when I got up and went to make my tea…..my cup was there.  Have I told you about the cup?  Every morning I make a cup of hot tea.  I always make it in my 22 oz mug and I generally carry it all over the house drinking it all morning.    I swear it never ends up in the same place twice!  Anyway, no matter where I leave it…when I go to make my cup the next morning…it is always washed and on the drain board, or sitting beside the tea bags.  I think out of 365 days a year….Michael misses maybe 2 of them.  I know it may seem like a small thing…but I always feel loved when I see that clean cup, right where I need it.  I think it’s the small nice things we do for each other that keep a relationship going….whether friend or husband.

Anyway, it was a yogurt making morning (another small thing!) I know I’ve told you before, Michael is lactose intolerant and the soy yoghurts that he liked got more and more expensive and harder and harder to find, so I started making yoghurt out of LACTAID milk for him.  Once I found out how to do it in the crockpot…it was a snap.  So, I got it put together last night and it incubated in the crock overnight.  This morning I put together containers for him. 

lining up the cups getting ready to start

this time the fruit is blueberries from our garden

now filling wih 1/2 cup of yoghurt from the crockpot

And a topping of jam (peach/pecan) for a little sweetness
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got a few more squares cut for Anne’s quilt in the morning before Jan picked me up and we headed off to Joann’s.  I bought an entire roll of interfacing (you know…I used to have a bolt of it….that lasted FOREVER….finally it was gone…and since it has been gone, I am consistently running out of interfacing!!!  Never have it when I need it…forever going to Joann’s and buying 3 yards of it…only to be out of it in a couple of weeks!)  Anyway, I had a 50% off coupon, so bought a 25 yard roll of interfacing, along with 1 yard of tone on tone cream.  I have decided to do Anne’s embroidery over.  I am totally unhappy with the puckers in it, and am willing to spend 6 more hours trying to get something better.  Jan and I got home around 1 and I just couldn’t get anything going the rest of the day.  I kept telling myself I needed to get moving, but instead just read my book for part of the day, and sat on my you-know-what watching TV and feeling punk-y the rest of the day L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.