Wednesday, June 5, 2013

scraps, a friend's scarf

Michael got rained out of golfing on Monday(6/3) so it made for a kind of odd day for me….I’m not used to him being home, so it felt like a Sunday all day!  I got the final 3 embroideries done for Jan (sorry, forgot to take a pic before delivering them) and finally, after 4 days of working on my scraps, got them under control.  As I started to sort them, I could not BELIEVE how many pieces of fabric were on my table!!  So…I went from this:



 to this:

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
and this:
6-1/2 inch strips and 2-1/4 inch strips for a chairy quilt pattenr
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
and this:

5 inch squares plue 3-1/2 inch squares plus 2 inch squares.  Nancy
H has a book with many patterns for these size squares.  Hey Inez,
recoginize the fabric from the 2 inch squares?
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It is lovely to have such a clean looking workspace again.  Other than that I continued to work on the collar of my entrelac sweater…I actually ended up ripping back 1-1/2 inches because I had some kind of dropped stitch, and it is slow going putting it back in…but I am determined that this sweater will be COMPLETELY finished before I even start thinking about my next big project.
Tuesday morning (6/4) Michael and I both had chiro appointments, then we hit BOJANGLES for breakfast before coming home.  Nancy H stopped by for a quick visit and as usual there were NO silences during the time she was here  J.  Joanne picked me up for Stitch and Chat and Nancy A was there with her mom.  It was so nice to meet her (again); I think she comes for a visit up from Florida, once or twice a year.  I have to tell you that I have corrupted another person….here is Nancy A’s latest project:
 


 She has mastered entrelac and loves it!  She is doing a scarf….I’m going to try to get her to do something else after she finishes….what fun!  Michael rented a shoot-em-up-with-loud-explosions movie from REDBOX when he went out to pick up our pizza and he watched that in the evening while I knit downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.