Saturday, June 22, 2013

cinnamon chip brea, thread catcher, new hat

Michael left early Friday (6/21) for a hearing aid appointment, but not before having a piece of the cinnamon chip bread I baked:



I baked one large and 3 mini-loaves.  Two of the minis went to my neighbors and one was for Michael and Jan and Carolyn, who arrived at 9.  I was teaching a class on the cutest little thread catcher:

 
I actually can't believe I was teaching the class...since I never made one!  The day they showed this at quilting, I hadn't been able to find the 4 inch wooden hoops, so I just watched.  Then I had a tea and my friend Loree brought me one as a thank you gift...I was THRILLED!!!  Carolyn saw it at the tea and asked me to teach her.....so that's how it happened.  Carolyn finished hers, and Jan was really close by the time they left at 12:30.  I did a little sewing in the afternoon, and also finished another hat:
will you PLEASE stop waking me up to model these STUPID hats!!!
and at 5:30 we picked up Susan and Joe and headed into Charlotte for dinner and the theatre.  We ate at Mama Ricottas and I had the Pollo Romano (chicken with a Romano cheese breading…heaven!) and Michael had spaghetti and meatballs.  We saw THE DIVINE SISTER and it was really a hoot.  We were home just before 11 and did a little reading before bed.

1 comment:

  1. The cinnamon bread looks great! My FAVORITE!If I were to have some, it would have to be under the radar as I get in trouble for eating anything heavier than cornbread around here :-(

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.