Tuesday, May 29, 2012

puzzle rope tote, alcohol inks, bedroom shelves


Sunday morning (5/27) we had breakfast out on the deck, and we were both artsy-crafty for the rest of the day.  I finished up another rope tote:

















but now am really sad because I am out of all of my 100% cotton rope and have not presently been able to locate anymore  L.  Michael spent time in his art room, creating more alcohol ink paintings: 

















We had yummy ham salad for dinner and I worked on finishing the sleeves of my striped sweater.  They are all knit, but the ends of all of the striped yarn are not yet sewn in (that’s the truly yucky part!)

 **********************************************
MEMORIAL DAY/OUR 7 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!! – This was a truly relaxing day.  Michael left for golf (came home with an 86) and I read a book and helped one of my students with her knitting and just relaxed the entire day.  Michael had told me in the morning that he had 2 presents for me (and we don’t usually exchange anything but cards) so I decided he needed a treat as well.  We have a set of 5 shelves in our bedroom that have been a disaster for a long time:



















After I finished cleaning and de-cluttering them…we have 2 TOTALLY EMPTY shelves and another one that is only 1/4 full. 







I was very happy to see it when I was done…and Michael was SHOCKED at the change when he got home.  When Michael came home we popped open champagne to celebrate our anniversary and watched YOU”VE GOT MAIL (a present) in the evening!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! You've Got Mail is my all-time favorite movie - I hope you enjoyed it. You're still my hero when it comes to getting things cleaned up - one shelf at a time. LOL At the moment, I've got too many other things on my plate - I just have to hope no one needs to go down to the basement!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.