Tuesday, May 15, 2012

killer pecan sticky buns


Michael’s golf got cancelled Monday(5/14) due to it being a rainy, gloomy day, and Jan picked me up at 8:30 for a trip to Hobby Lobby.  We found lots of wonderful things there, and when I got home around 11 I got to work on some of them.  My honey made us an incredible grilled ham and cheese sandwich, which we split for lunch, and I worked in the studio the rest of the afternoon.  We had a late dinner of  pizza from our local grocery store (surprisingly excellent) and I put together 2 pans of KILLER PECAN STICKY BUNS after dinner.  Our neighbors have been really great about taking care of our dog when both Michael and I have been away, so Michael took a pan over to them in the evening.  They rise overnight in the fridge and are baked in the morning.  I don’t make them very often because in addition to being about 500 calories apiece, they make a lot of dishes and take a lot of time….thought you might like to see part of the process:
Here's the topping of pecans, honey and brown sugar, just waiting for the rolls!

Here's the roll dough (I got that made before dinner) with its coating of
butter and brown sugar and cinnamon)

Now I've spinkled on the diced dried apricots, which have been
re-hydrated with apricot brandy)

I've rolled up the dough, pinched it closed, and cut into 9
semi-equal pieces, which are then placed in the pan and
covered with plastic and placed in the fridge to rise overnight.

YUM, YUM!!!!  Breakfast Tuesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.