Saturday, February 18, 2012

beaded quilt square, Cookie

Thursday morning (2/16) was quilting and I finished beading 2 different blocks on the wall hanging:



In the afternoon, my honey continued to watch our baby and I got to work on my challenge quilt.  We had leftover Chinese for dinner and I went to rehearsal with Michael for just a bit.  The director wanted me to play opposite Michael, so that Michael’s co-star would see how I would do it.  I was home by 7:30 and knit and watched TV until Michael got home and then we both snuggled on the couch.

Friday morning (2/17) Michael left for golf and I got a bit of cleaning done before leaving for a ladies luncheon at 10:30.  We all stopped at Hobby Lobby first, where I got 2 small pieces of fabric to finish off some purses, and a dowel to use in my weaving….my friend Nancy had a BRILLIANT idea of how to set up my yarn to make it easier to warp my loom.  I’ll take a picture next time I warp.  I got home from lunch around 2 PM, had a quick meeting with a financial planner, and then Michael and I had a quick dinner before leaving to see Blythe Spirit at the Fort Mill Playhouse.  Did I mention that February is filled with culture???  Every weekend in February we have 2 events to go to.

Saturday morning I had my 3rd session with my beginning knitting class.  They are all coming along nicely and I have asked all of them to come next week with a project to start.  Saturday afternoon I got to work on the challenge quilt….I am now over 1/2 way done with setting the flowers into 9 patches.  Saturday night we had a bunch of the neighbors over to finally celebrate Michael’s birthday with his traditional chocolate layer cake (which of course I neglected to take a picture of!!)  Instead, you’ll have to be content with more pictures of our baby:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.