Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Michael left early Monday morning (2/27) for golf and I got busy around the house.  He came home around 1, soaked and cold…having only gotten in 9 holes…and 9 drizzly ones at that!  I left to get my hair done in the afternoon and we had leftover soup for dinner and knit and watched TV in the evening.

While I was watching TV Monday night, I wrote up a quick TO DO list for Tuesday: make vet appointment, book tables in the Lake House lobby for the food drive in March, print out more letters for Dorothy (friend in nursing home that I write to 3 times a week), make a list of dog sitters for Michael, make out a schedule of where I will be staying while in CT, find my itinerary and put together 2 meat loaves (that were supposed to be done on Monday, but I was just too tired when I got home from the hairdresser).  So, Tuesday morning Michael and I took a walk, then had pancakes for breakfast (yum!!  I really do have an awesome recipe) and then he took off for some time on the driving range and practice green, and I started on my list.  Oh…and he also gave me a letter from the HOA that we hadn’t paid our dues for January and February!!!!!  So, the first thing I did was access the bank on line and make copies of the 2 checks sent in for our HOA dues.  I made a vet appointment (for 2:30 Tuesday afternoon), and started to revise and print out my notes for Dorothy.  I got the 2 lists made for Michael and cleaned the house and pulled together craft stuff for the display window at the Lake House all before 1 when Joanne picked me up for Stitch and Chat.  I had promised several people that I would help them, so I got all of that done and also requested the tables for the food drive before Michael picked me up at 2:15 for the vet appointment.  We stopped into Comporium (phone/internet provider) on the way home to see if we could buy some minutes on my cell phone from last year and finally made it home by 4.  We called the number for the cell phone (that Comporium found), and proceeded directly to HELL for the next hour and 20 minutes!!!!!  We spent 15 minutes on the phone, keying in numbers and talking to people (who you could barely understand with their accents, the lousy phones they were on, and the hundred other people in the call center with them…all talking on the phone!!!) before being transferred…and DROPPED….yes…they transferred us right to nowhere.  So…we call back and spend the first 20 minutes re-explaining what we are trying to do and going over the same numbers we did on the first call….first the serial number is not valid, then it is, then it isn’t…then finally they can’t help us and transfer us to someone else.  Another 20 minutes with this person who supposedly activated our phone and charged our credit card.  But…I don’t believe him and am unwilling to hang up, so he tells me to try the phone right then and he will stay on the line….we try…and we try…and we try….and we try…and he keeps saying ‘oh, I have to check something out’…minutes go by…and he says try again.  It NEVER works….so I FINALLY say ‘forget it and credit our card back with the charge you just made’….of COURSE he can’t do that…we have to be transferred over to the return department.  So….we get transferred and spend another 1/2 hour trying to get our card (that was just charged FIVE MINUTES AGO) refunded.  I was SO FRUSTRATED I couldn’t stand it anymore….gave the phone to Michael…saw Joanne (friend and neighbor) coming up on porch to kindly return a bunch of craft items she picked up for me….so I go outside and proceed to cry and swear a blue streak…I am so FRUSTRATED!!!!!!  I come back in…Michael still on phone….finally, supposedly our account has been credited…a WASTE of over an hour to gain exactly NOTHING!!!!  I put together the meatloaves, Michael opens champagne and we proceed to try to have a nice night.  I feel like I have been running all day with little to show for it…but many of my days seem like that….I really don’t know how I used to fit in working!!!  Anyway…enough of the rant….we had champagne and puffy things for dinner…watched all of our favorite shows and snuggled on the couch…it was absolutely heaven after that phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.