Thursday, February 13, 2020

Valentine's Dinner

Wednesday (2/13) seemed to go by in a flash!  Michael headed out for another golf lesson, while I headed to the studio to load and baste Paula’s quilt.  I got the backing and batting loaded, and started the basting, 



but once again I got a tiny tuck in the backing and am afraid it will get stitched in with the quilting….so that is going to have to get ripped out and re-done.  I really need to get my you-know-what in gear with this quilt as I want the quilting done before I leave for the QUAP retreat on Saturday.

By then it was time to head out for a hair appointment, followed by a visit to the library, bank and dollar store.  By the time I got home it was time to get showered and head out to our Valentine’s dinner.  

We had a gift card to BONEFISH GRILL and decided that’s where we would celebrate.  I knew I had all of the ingredients, so I made Michael a chocolate martini before we left. Our meals were wonderful: 


these wagyu beef and ginger pot stickers were EXCELLENT!!

I had crab crusted fish with a ugratin potatoes, and Michael wanted my bacon mac & cheese

he had salmon and gnocci

and he even got a little surprise for his birthday:



We were both stuffed by the time we got home.  

I still had enough mixed up to pour chocolate martinis for both of us: 



and Michael still has birthday cake left, so he had a piece before we settled in to snuggle and watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.