Wednesday, February 26, 2020

banana bread, visit with longarm friends, Paula's cancer quilt


I spent Tuesday morning (2/25) making banana bread 



(this bread was courtesy of 6 brown bananas I brought home from retreat….so to whomever bought them….Michael thanks you and so do 2 of my bachelor neighbors!!) and balancing my checkbook before heading out for a massage.  OH MY WORD….it was heaven!!!  And I’ve booked another one with the same person for next month.  These massages are courtesy of a Christmas present from my honey  :~).  

When I got home I had time to make and eat an omelet before heading to Waxhaw for a visit with longarm friends.  WHAT A FABULOUS AFTERNOON!!!!  I love getting together with these ladies:  

hostess Linda H

Linda G

We talk and talk and talk and talk….not a moment of silence….all about longarming and quilting.  It is wonderful to have other longarmers to talk to…and they are such fun as well.  Linda H loaded up a quilt, so Linda G and I got to see a different way of loading....very different from what both of us do:




She also showed us many of her quilts (she does literally hundreds per year...makes me feel like a SLOTH!!!):  

on the wall of her sewing room.....this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

how simple but effective




BG - almost like L-patriotic!




and we loved them all!!!  

I wasn’t home until around 5 PM, in time to give my honey a quick kiss before he headed out to rehearsal.  I picked up a new book at the library on the way home in the afternoon, so although I kept trying to talk myself into going downstairs to work….it had absolutely no effect on my behavior…and I sat in the living room and read until he got home.  

I called Paula later in the evening (she plays cards on Tuesday nights and I wasn’t sure what time she would be home) and I think we ended up talking for over an hour!!!  We haven’t talked/seen each other since before I left on retreat, so had a lot to catch up on.  She had given out one of her quilts, and I wanted to talk about it.  A neighbor/friend of Paula's has metastatic breast cancer and Paula wanted to make a quilt for her.  Paula researched it and found out that they have their own ribbon/colors and it is actually 3 colors...the regular pink, then teal and lime green.  She also found out that there are specific words associated with it.  So, she designed a quilt incorporating everything she learned:


and gave it to her friend yesterday:




I think this is one of the most thoughtful gifts/quilts I have ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.