Sunday, February 9, 2020

Michael's birthday bash!





Michael left around 9 AM for golf…even though it was very cold and the course was still waterlogged.  My baby was in her favorite spot: 



while I spent time in the kitchen, making Michael’s traditional birthday chocolate layer cake (his birthday is on Monday).  




I was very happy with the way it turned out, and eventually I headed to my studio.  

I got the program set up and bobbins wound and kicked off quilting on Sandy’s quilt:    



While that was stitching I started to put borders on the Carpenter’s Wheel quilt.  

Michael came home from golf around 2 PM (after I texted him multiple times to come home because IT WAS SNOWING!!!!!) and he was totally excited as he had both a birdie…..and an EAGLE!!!!!!!!!  

I headed upstairs around 4 PM to put together a peach cobbler and get cleaned up for company.  Michael’s LLB group and their wives arrived at 7 PM for birthday cake, champagne and desserts:

Jerry & Carol



Dave & Tim

Carol & Marge

Ralph, Candyce & the birthday boy



And Cookie made a special friend:




I think everyone had a wonderful time and when they left around 9 PM, Michael and I settled in with our books.

Check out this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.